>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Monday, August 29, 2011

Have you ever had a task to do that just can't seem to be done? Few things go undone here--I'm an avid list-maker and get-donner kinda gal.

A few years ago, this spot appeared on my Canon Digital Rebel. After taking it somewhere locally and researching online--and running the internal cleaner--it was discovered that there was a spot on my sensor that could only be repaired by an authorized Canon repair facility. So, what did I do?

Continued to take pictures, photoshopping that darn black spot out of every frickin' photo.

It may sound weird, but this has irked me for years, and today, I have had no more. Why? Because I want to take pictures this fall. I want to explore more, and take myself on "artist dates." Can't do that with that darn black spot--don't want to anymore.

So today, I am settling it. I'm going to send my baby out for repairs. I think in the long run, it'll obviously be better. My real hope, however, is to open up my photography appreciation and be able to shoot more. I think that will do me wonders, creatively, and I think it's worth it.

What never-seem-to-get-to-it task is holding you back, creatively?


link | posted by Kristen at 6:24 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?