>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Have you ever felt like you really just needed to get away? I don't think I need to get far away but I feel a strong calling to recharge. To get away to some extent. To be solo--to travel solo--which I haven't wanted to do in years.

The thing that sucks is that every time I see a cool retreat, it's never near New Jersey. I know we have like, tons of smog and ickiness here, but there are normal people who want to get away and breathe fresh air and stuff. Which we have, you just have to go to the northwest part of the state.

I guess it's frustrating because I'm always on the lookout for a cool opportunity. Just can't seem to find one. I'm wondering if I'll have to get creative and go away for a weekend and make my own retreat.

Or maybe I just need to hit the beach. It can be very therapeutic that way and I do only live 10 minutes away, something I never want to take for granted.

Just a ramble.


link | posted by Kristen at 5:38 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?