>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Thursday, April 08, 2010






























Photo by http://www.persistingstars.com/blog/



The past few days since my husband and I got home from the Outer Banks have been weird. I'm not swamped with work and it's kind of odd not to be pushed so hard. It's great, on the other hand, because it's given me time to work on those projects that never seem to get done when I am "in the grind."

One of them was my email newsletter. I have two: one for clients, and one for this book. I changed to a new service (CampaignMonitor.com rocks!) and sent out both newsletters. This doesn't sound like a huge task...but I can assure you, these things without deadlines and paychecks can suck the life out of you. Give me a 40-page website to write, a deadline and an attractive contract--things get done. Self-promotion? Always a struggle to make time to do it.

Anyway, I'm glad I did. I'm very thankful for having the time to do things other than "grind work" (like how I've coined that phrase?)

So until the next whopper comes along, I'm lapping it up.


link | posted by Kristen at 7:09 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?