>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Saturday, October 10, 2009









From Elsie's Blog, A Beautiful Mess


I waited too long to peruse Elsie's blog and found myself reveling in all of her creations. I had been thinking about how much I wish I had more money and decorations for my house to continue making it my own--but she does wonderful things inexpensively. Totally inspiring. My first thought is, "Why can't I do that?" but the truth is, I can. We all can. We just have to make time. And if you're not too imaginative, it's okay to draw inspiration from others. That's part of the creative life.

Here's another thing that's getting me lately: I am wondering if blogging more regulary and just about simple things would help me feel like I'm capturing life more. I already feel alive but sometimes I see blogs and they inspire me and I wish I had that record of those simple little things that happen. You know what I mean?

Having a personal blog hasn't always worked out so great for me in the past. I have friends on LiveJournal and use that but otherwise, I wish I could put out something public and just let it be. And capture my life more. I don't capture enough. Do you bloggers find it's hard to catch up and keep blogging especially when it's just for you? Does the challenge of it keep it fun? I'd love to hear from you--leave a comment.





















From Madelyn's blog, Persisting Stars






























More from Madelyn, she's that inspiring! (Photo by David Pohl)



Inspirations:
Boho Girl...always
Creating Wings...something new
Persisting Stars...gorgeous
Gypsy Life...honest


link | posted by Kristen at 10:22 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Blogger meghan commented at 2:15 PM~  

Hi there - I was quietly lurking and found myself! Thank you so much for the link.

I think that you need to decide what makes you feel like you are capturing your life. For some that is a personal blog, some take pictures, some journal. I stopped trying to chronicle my daily life on the blog and tried to start journaling again - i hope that I'll figure out how to keep it all somewhere!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 8:25 PM~  

Hi Kristen, thanks for keeping me in such amazing company, I feel quite honored :) If you've read my blog then you know that I constantly struggle with the balance of how much to tell and not tell. I love blogging as a personal outlet, and the connections I have made as a result, but I am forever fretting that I will be "found" by people from work which would make me quite uncomfortable. Mind you, I feel that it's almost too late for me to still be worrying about this. I am so easy to find and even if I deleted my blog and everything, there is enough cache memory to still keep my writing popping up in searches. Aah well.

For what it's worth, I love reading about other people's lives, struggles, successes etc. It can be very inspiring :)

Take care,
Kerstin

P.S. You might want to consider opening your comments to people who do not have any of the accounts mentioned below. I host my own blog and had to use an old empty wordpress account to be able to comment here :)

Blogger Kristen commented at 1:23 PM~  

Kerstin, Thanks for writing. I'm on an old Blogger platform and had no idea that no one in other formats couldn't comment--thanks.

I'm still "wrestling" with the decision. I don't want to be found out either but I really long to connect, specifically, with some new girlfriends. I'm constantly seeking balance, almost too much I think.

Megg great to see you here too! I need to figure out what I want, for sure.

Want to Post a Comment?