>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Many creatives are very hesitant about marketing themselves. But if you want to market your business and stand out from the rest, marketing is imperative. So's public relations.

But how can you relate to the public when you don't have the budget to hire a fancy PR agency? It's simple now--there are no excuses not to promote yourself.

HelpAReporter.com offers free leads mailed directly to your inbox. You simply read the leads and see if they apply to you. There are many calls for people who are self-employed in creative careers. Then you respond to the contact listed. He or she may select you to be featured in a radio interview, a news article or even on TV.

I have had a lot of success using this service and highly recommend it! Not only can I get new avenues to promote my business and my books--I have also passed along leads to clients, and they appreciate the thought and my drive to promote their businesses. HARO is a win-win for everyone. And best of all it's free.

Give it a shot--and get ready to get noticed!


link | posted by Kristen at 11:29 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown commented at 11:48 AM~  

Thanks for the link, Kristen! :)

Blogger Tracy Adler commented at 12:21 PM~  

This is great, Kristen. My budget doesn’t always allow me to use the services of a publicist, so I’m a regular user of free online services that connect me with the media. My favorite is http://www.PitchRate.com because it’s easy, free and gets results. Thanks to that service I’ve been interviewed by the Associated Press and others. Media placements translate to internet sales every time. If a customer needs to see or hear about your product up to 6 times before the trust it enough to make a purchase, PR helps reach those numbers.

Want to Post a Comment?