>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Thursday, May 21, 2009

There are so many wonderful creative books that I've been reading, or been meaning to read, lately. And yes, they're of the female persuasion but have practical advice for all creatives. I love a spunky book that doesn't offer the technical textbook look and content. Here are a few I like!




My So-Called Freelance Life by Michelle Goodman offers a candid look at freelance life, but she puts in a lot of practical information as well. I love this gal's conversational--and sometimes sarcastic--tone.






The Boss of You by Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears: I haven't read this one yet--next on my list. They have a tasty blog for women in business with plenty of cool resources--check it out!






Escape from Cubicle Nation by Pam Slim seems like a great book for those who are itching to start their own business.











Career and Corporate Cool by Rachel Weingarten
: Looks like a humorous read and got snaps from Entrepreneur.



What resourceful business books are you reading? Please share!

Oh, and find me on GoodReads.com so we can share resources!!


link | posted by Kristen at 7:25 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz commented at 10:10 AM~  

Thanks for the reads! Have read The Boss of You (took lots of notes and loved it) am also making my way through: The Creative Entrepreneur by Lisa Sonora Beam and The Saint, the Surfer and the CEO by Robin Sharma which is maybe less a "business" book, but a life book, which, of course, includes work...

Blogger Kristen commented at 6:22 AM~  

Ooh good stuff. I can't wait to read The Boss of You. And I'll check out those others!

Want to Post a Comment?