>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Saturday, November 15, 2008

As thanksgiving approaches, most of us tend to think of what we're grateful for. One of the things I constantly remind myself of is how lucky I am to have a creative career.

Not only do I love what I do, but I get to work at home. And although I tend to get cabin fever almost daily, it doesn't take me more than a second to remember that it sure beats the heck out of a daily commute and cubicle rot. When I think about all the time I used to waste during a shift, it amazes me. Now, even though I can work more than eight hours a day, I usually don't have to because I'm pretty efficient when I work. I'm focused on the jobs at hand, mostly because I'm doing what I enjoy for clients I appreciate.

What little reminders help you to stay grateful for living the creative life?


link | posted by Kristen at 4:17 PM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?