>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Sunday, June 22, 2008


One of Christine's prints...fabulous!


Penelope Dullaghan posted recently about checking in with yourself. I think this is so vital for creatives. Checking in can mean different things to all of us. For me, here are some of the ways I check in:

1. Write in my journal. I find that pen on paper brings out different emotions and feelings and release.

2. Exercise. Make sure my body is getting the activity it needs to stay healthy and in a strong state of mine.

3. Lying in bed. I often flop down on my bed for a few minutes each day to lay down and look at the window. Watch the breeze. Take a moment to relax.

4. Cooking. About once a week I feel very culinary and take the time to prepare a nice meal. It helps me slow down and appreciate the little things.

5. Porch time. I love to sit on the porch and watch Bobbie walk around the porch and in the bushes. She's like a kid--she wants me to watch her and it's good thinking time to help me prioritize, etc.


How do YOU check in with yourself??


link | posted by Kristen at 9:38 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:38 PM~  

I wanted to say thankful I am to have found your website & blog. I've just started taking the leap to take my art career more seriously, so I'll be back to read more of your posts :)

Want to Post a Comment?