Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer
Creatively Self-Employed Website
30-something Jersey gal working as a freelance writer. Starbucks addict, beach-lover, kitty mother.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
One of Christine's prints...fabulous!
Penelope Dullaghan posted recently about checking in with yourself. I think this is so vital for creatives. Checking in can mean different things to all of us. For me, here are some of the ways I check in:
1. Write in my journal. I find that pen on paper brings out different emotions and feelings and release.
2. Exercise. Make sure my body is getting the activity it needs to stay healthy and in a strong state of mine.
3. Lying in bed. I often flop down on my bed for a few minutes each day to lay down and look at the window. Watch the breeze. Take a moment to relax.
4. Cooking. About once a week I feel very culinary and take the time to prepare a nice meal. It helps me slow down and appreciate the little things.
5. Porch time. I love to sit on the porch and watch Bobbie walk around the porch and in the bushes. She's like a kid--she wants me to watch her and it's good thinking time to help me prioritize, etc.
How do YOU check in with yourself??
link | posted by Kristen at 9:38 AM |
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Want to Post a Comment?