>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Friday, December 21, 2007


My kitchen---mid-reno (trust me, you don't want to see the before picture!)


I've been a little busy lately. I think the above picture explains it all. Doing a few work projects, but no more new ones until 2008. The break has been nice.

But a little...unnerving. It's hard for me not to work so hard. To realize there is more to life than work. So I've been working on my kitchen. Yes, it's work, but it's not work.

I hope that this year, over this holiday break, you take a little time out. Even if not to relax completely, I hope you take time to not work. Even if it's a little uncomfortable. Or a little unsettling.

Much like a kitchen with no faucet.
Cabinets with no doors.
Holes in walls with no covers.
A floor half ripped up.
Pipes missing.
Connections disconnected.
Walls untiled.

Renovate yourself a little--take a break. Even if things get a little messy!


link | posted by Kristen at 12:22 PM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?