>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Friday, October 12, 2007





Buzzed.

Last night I could hardly get to bed. I had that feeling where I was so excited to wake up and start the day all over again. I wanted to get back to work.

As you probably read in previous entries, I have been making really great changes to my work life. I'm not saying I won't get bogged down or stressed out again, but I think I've mentally come to a place where I respect myself and my talent enough not to deal with toxic or poorly paying clients. Really, it's not about money. It's about what makes me happy.

I used to think it was impractical to just let a well-paying client go. The one that pays decently but treats you--well, not so great. But if you take baby steps it's not so hard. For me, cutting back on work with a client has opened me up to more opportunities, and they are flowing in like rushing water.

I haven't felt so good in such a long time. Like the possibilities are endless and I am refreshed.


link | posted by Kristen at 12:07 PM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?