Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer
Creatively Self-Employed Website
30-something Jersey gal working as a freelance writer. Starbucks addict, beach-lover, kitty mother.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Remedies for the Small Blogger Blues
Here’s some ideas for dealing with the Small Bloggers Blues from Magpie Girl:
1. Take a break from your site meter
2. Redefine success for yourself. List all things your blog does for you (fosters gratitude in your life, helps you hone your craft, organizes your thoughts…)
3. Write yourself an affirmation. I like this one: “My story matters.”
4. Reach out to another small blogger. Take this feeling that you have about being discouraged or not “not mattering” and take it as a cue that you need to reach out to others who are feeling the same
5. Join the SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL google group. (I’ll link to it when it is available.)
6. Follow an comment you like back to the commenter’s blog you’ll probably find an inspirational read from someone who shares your values.
7. Tag your posts with your name (or nom de plume) and your blog name so like minded souls can find you.
8. Remind yourself that you are writing for an audience of one. Make yourself a sticker that says “I heart authenticity.”
link | posted by Kristen at 6:26 AM |
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Want to Post a Comment?