>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Monday, August 13, 2007

Checking In with Yourself
By Kristen Fischer

This freelance life is odd, isn’t it? For me, I’ve never had to worry about balance in my life until I stepped out of the cubicle and into my freelance writing career. I know it’s the same for freelance designers and freelance artists, too.

After experiencing bouts of burnout this week, I turned to a friend who gave me some valuable advice. She told me to check in with myself during the day.

Check in with myself? What does that mean?

Read more!!


link | posted by Kristen at 2:41 PM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:25 PM~  

hi kristen!
love this list by magpie girl!

my friend recommended your book to me right as i quit my dayjob to pursue a full time career as a boutique owner, jewelry artist and blogger. thank you for all the supportive words and inspiration!

annie

Want to Post a Comment?