>


Blog to support the book "Creatively Self-Employed: How Writers and Artists Deal with Career Ups and Downs" by Kristen Fischer

Saturday, April 07, 2007


A view from my desk--this notebook is now filled with rambles and notes and bullet points--oh my! Just one way I strive for balance.



I've been tagged! By Harmony!

So now, I'm tagging you! Post the answers in your own blog or leave a comment here. It's interesting to see how we all deal with the concept of b a l a n c e.


How do you achieve balance in your life?
I don't, always. But I strive to!


What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?
My workflow isn't steady, so I have a tendency to go up and down with it. I get frazzled when I have too much and anxious when I have too little.

My problem is the emotional things in my life. Currently, my husband and I are trying to buy a house. We keep going through the process and get outbid or whatnot. It's very trying. Work has been good in helping my get my mind off it, but there are some days when I don't want to work but have to. Anything underlying will make the external things in your life harder.


What are your priorities?
My husband. My cat. My family. Aside from work, that's it.
Oh yeah, and me. Trying to fit that girl in, too:)


How have your priorities changed over time and why?
Yes. When I got married they did, and now that this is my full-time job (copywriting) I have to make sure I stay afloat financially. Because I don't have children, I have a huge load off, and I love it.


What advice can you share to help all of us balance our own lives?
Ha! Damned if I know!

Making time out for myself to realign and center myself is what I do when I feel "off." I recommend doing something little you enjoy. I get tea or write in a paper journal. Or take a nap with my XM radio blaring into the next room on Channel 75--soothing Starbucks music. These are little things that really help me. Find your own "good things," and make sure to inject them into your day. Otherwise, negativity can reign--and you don't want that!

I also want to say that I like the fact that I am not an expert on all of this. I wrote the book as a platform--not as a how-to. See? I'm not perfect--so there's room to grow together!:P


link | posted by Kristen at 9:15 AM |


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

Blogger Harmony commented at 9:30 AM~  

great tips Kristen!

Blogger Kristen commented at 8:39 AM~  

thanks love. unfortunately one size doesn't fit all--but those work for me:)

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:44 PM~  

Hi Kristen!

I picked up your tag. Good topic! It made me think.

Spirit hugs,
Jaya
http://www.inspirationalbusiness.com/2007/04/ive_been_blogta.html

Want to Post a Comment?